You can run for anything…pancakes, wine, or the best running swag.
When you run with the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
Runners for Research, your miles mean more! The mission of the AACR is to prevent and cure cancer through research, education, communication, and collaboration. As the first and largest cancer research organization in the world, they bring together 37,000 researchers worldwide to find cures for the more than 200 types of childhood and adult cancer.
Of the funds you raise, 88 cents of every dollar goes to support cancer research!
Runners for Research team members are individuals, organizations, patients, survivors, and loved ones of those we lost. Join the AACR Runners for Research, as they run the Santa Rosa Marathon as a proud charity partner.
When you commit to raising at least $200 (in addition to your registration fee), all AACR Runners for Research team members will also receive the below in addition to the great benefits from the Santa Rosa Marathon.
- AACR Runners for Research racing shirt and goodie bag
- Prize opportunities for:
- top fundraisers in men's category
- top fundraisers in women's category
- top fundraisers in team category (3 or more registered runners)
- top fundraisers in company category
- Exclusive AACR Runners for Research events
- Virtual coaching tips
- A healthier, active lifestyle
- The latest news on upcoming AACR events
- Free issue of
Cancer Today magazine
- Have fun while supporting research on more than 200 types of adult and childhood cancers!
Through its programs and services, the AACR fosters research in cancer and related biomedical science; accelerates the dissemination of new research findings among scientists and others dedicated to the conquest of cancer; promotes science education and training; and advances the understanding of cancer etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment throughout the world.
Half Marathon Details
Register today! After registering, begin online fundraising today with our Friendraiser platform.
We look forward to seeing you there. AACR and you – Finding Cures Together!
Visit the Health & Fitness Expo
For two days, the Santa Rosa Marathon’s Health and Fitness Expo feature a variety of national and local vendors and running related organizations at DeLoach Vineyards.
- Dates: August 25 - 26, 2017
- Location: DeLoach Vineyards 1791 Olivet Road Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- Expo Hours: Friday, Aug 25, 2017, 3:00 PM - 7:00 p.m./Saturday, Aug 26, 2017, 10:00 AM - 6:00 p.m.
Not a Runner?
We need your help in all aspects of the race. Join the AACR Volunteer team. E-mail
email@example.com and mention the Santa Rosa Marathon.
For more information, visit the
To learn more about AACR Runners for Research, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at (844) 385-2064.